Main content of the website

Frequently Asked Questions

  • font size : A
  • A
  • A

We accept virtually all methods of payment; cheque, cash, credit card, debit, e-transfers and direct deposit. 

You can either come in to the Town Office and fill out a form, or email this completed Form to

Yes! We have both a photocopier and fax machine. We do not accept USB sticks. If you have something you need printed we ask that you email us that document instead. 

Copies: B&W$.35/page



This service is operated by the Heritage Handi-bus Society. The bus makes a trip to Lethbridge once a month on the 1st Wednesday of the month and can be booked by calling the Milk River Town Office 403-647-3773. The ride fare is $40.00 and must be paid upon booking to guarantee your seat.  You can pay at the Village office in Warner or Coutts or the Town office in Milk River. If you decide you do not want to go you may find someone to take your place so you are not out money. The passenger limit is 3 riders. This fee is non-refundable. If there is not 3 riders the bus will not go and your money will be refunded.

The bus will leave Milk River at 8:30am (times will be adjusted for Coutts and Warner pickups) and leave Lethbridge at 2:30 pm. Besides Medical appointments, the bus will only be making 2 stops, Park Place Mall and Walmart South. You will need to make your own arrangements to go to any other establishments. The driver will give a time for you to meet for the trip back home. There is a limit of 2 shopping bags and you must be able to carry the bags yourself as the driver will not be carrying them for you.

Medical appointments that are not on the first Wednesday can also be arranged. the cost is $25.00/hr plus $1.00/km for the van or for $1.25/km for the bus.

If you are interested in arranging a charter, please call Lori at the Village of Coutts office, 403-344-3848 and she will help you orqanize and explain rates.

Call the Town of Milk River office @ (403) 647-3773 to book.

You contact Natasha at 403-647-4282 or email for inquiries.

The Town owns the Boulevard, but residents are responsible for the upkeep. This includes mowing the grass and shovelling the sidewalk in front of your house. 


Every dog or cat over the age of 6 months needs a license. You can visit the Town Office to get one set up. Animal Licenses expire on December 31st of every year. Every Animal License needs to be renewed. 

You can call Ridge Regional Public Safety Services at (403) 715-8513. Community Peace Officers will hold a stray animal in their shelter until an owner claims them.

The Town of Milk River utilizes the Ridge Regional Public Safety Services (RRPSS) to ensure the bylaws of the municipality are upheld. The officers patrols the community each week, investigating animal complaints, unsightly premises complaints, and various other municipal concerns. Fines will be issued for non-compliance in certain cases. To contact our Peace Officers, please call 587-813-0791.

When you have your moving date, you can call the Town Office and set up a final water meter read. Your final bill will be sent to the address we have  on file.

The garbage pick up for residential properties is Tuesday. Commercial property's garbage is picked up every Tuesday and Thursday.

Heavy snowfalls and slippery streets may necessitate that garbage collection be restricted to streets that are safely accessible. When this happens, road conditions will be monitored throughout the day, and if possible, Public Works Department will try to pick up on your street.If your material has not been picked up by 5:30 p.m., please bring it back inside and set it out again next week.  

If the weather was okay and your garbage was still not picked up, it could be because the garbage bin was improperly placed. Please make sure to have your garbage clear of any vehicles and on the curb of the road (not on sidewalk or grass). If your garbage was not picked up due to this reason, please bring it back inside and set it out again next week.

The Transfer Station is open Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday from 10:00am - 4:00pm.

There are a variety of situations where a Development Permit is not required, however we suggest referring to the Town for all questions regarding Development Permits. 

Taxes are due August 31st of every year. Past due taxes accrue penalties on the 1st of every month. If taxes are not paid by the end of the year, the tax amount unpaid will roll over into the new year and will continue to accrue penalties on the 1st of every month.


You can prepay for yearly taxes in January. You will be charged the previous year amount and your account will be credited in May. This will save you 5% on the current year's tax amount that is due.

The Town of Milk River contracts Benchmark Assessments Inc. to complete Property Tax Assessments. If you do not agree with your property's assessment value, you can contact the Assessor directly at (403) 381-0535.

Please Note: You have 60 days from the date of mailing to file a complaint about your Property Tax Assessment.