A List of Frequently Requested Bylaws
The Town of Milk River Bylaw Enforcement Department is responsible for ensuring that the community and visitors comply with existing bylaws. Frequently requested bylaws and their numbers are listed below:
The following statutory plans (bylaws) are taken into consideration in all land use planning and development decisions.
1) Municipal Development Plan
A Municipal Development Plan (MDP) is a long-range planning tool and must be consistent with the South Saskatchewan Regional Plan. In addition, all statutory plans including the MDP must be consistent with each other. A MDP is a mandatory requirement under the Municipal Government Act and must be adopted by Bylaw.
A Municipal Development Plan must address future land use, future development, coordination, transportation and municipal services.
2) Land Use Bylaw
The Land Use Bylaw governs and regulates the use and development of all property within the Town. This means that if you are a landowner, renter or prospective buyer, you may be affected by the bylaw. The land use bylaw is a mandatory requirement under the Municipal Government Act.
3) Inter-Municipal Development Plan
The Inter-Municipal Development Plan provides a framework for proper decision-making for areas that are adjacent to municipal boundaries between the County of Warner and the Town of Milk River.
4) Infrastructure Master Plan
The Infrastructure Master Plan is a guiding document that helps Council and administration make budgetary decisions on the replacement and construction of infrastructure projects.
Contact the Town Office for more information.
- Animal Control, Wildlife or Domestic, Livestock & Poultry - Bylaw 971
- By-Law No. 1004 – Council Code of Conduct
- By-Law No. 1005 – Fire Services
- By-Law No. 1013 – Cannabis Consumption Bylaw
- By-Law No. 1014 – Amend 989 – Utility Rates Bylaw
- By-Law No. 1015 – Business License Bylaw
- By-Law No. 1021 – 2019 Tax Rates Bylaw
- By-Law No. 1022 – 2019 Special Levies Bylaw
- By-Law No. 1024 - Nuisance Bylaw
- By-Law No. 903 – Municipal Development Plan – Amended by By-Law No. 1000
- By-Law No. 989 – Utilities
- By-Law No. 997 – Land Use Bylaw – Map
- By-Law No. 997 Consolidated to By-Law No. 1012 – Consolidated Land Use Bylaw
- Traffic Control – Bylaw 777